7 Plank Wagon - Longhurst & Sons
Edwin Longhurst founded a builders & timber merchants in Espom c1875. A second branch was opened in Dorking. Imported timber was moved by lighter from Surrey Docks to Nine Elms wharf and thence by rail to private sidings in Epsom Town station goods yard. When the station closed to passengers in 1929 Longhurst bought the engine shed.
We Also Recommend